printables for decodable phonics
Here are FREE Printables to use with any Step of phonics/books.
printables for decodable phonics
Meet the Letters and Letter Buddies
- Thoughts on Meeting the Letters
- Printable Traceable Letter Cards D’Nealian Font
- Printable Double sided Keyword/Sound Cards Capital and Lowercase
- Printable Double sided Keyword/Sound Cards Lowercase Only
- Printable Double sided Steps 1 and 2 Keyword/Sound Cards Lowercase Only Cream color
- Printable Double-sided Sound cards. Capitals on front, lowercase on back.
- Printable Double-Sided Keyword and Sound Cards Digraphs
- Printable Letter Dice to make Steps 1-9
Printable Customizable BLANK flashcards
- Word doc Printable BLANK Tup Game Cards customizable horizontal
- Word doc Printable BLANK Tup Game Cards customizable vertical
- Printable BLANK Tup Game Cards Horizontal pdf
- Printable double sided BLANK Tup Game Cards vertical pdf
- Printable Chicken Activity Game Cards (for landing on the chicken spots)
- Word doc Printable BLANK chicken Game Cards customizable
- Printable double sided BLANK Chicken Game Cards pdf
- Printable double sided Bat Game Cards (for landing on the Bat spaces)
- Word docx Printable BLANK Bat Game Cards customizable vertical
- Printable double sided BLANK Bat Game Cards pdf
Handwriting worksheets–To save paper, you can insert sheets into plastic protector sleeves and write on them with dry erase markers. You can use the same sheet over and over. This will allow for plenty of practice and colored markers could make it more fun.
- Printable BLANK Handwriting Sheet 4 Lines per Sheet
- Printable BLANK Handwriting Sheet 5 Lines per Sheet
- Printable BLANK Handwriting Sheet 6 Lines per Sheet
- Printable BLANK Handwriting Sheet 7 Lines per Sheet
- Printable BLANK Handwriting Sheet 10 Lines per Sheet
- You can create your own worksheets at this site. You can choose between different fonts and sizes.
Teaching a Struggling Reader Booklet
- Printable Teaching A Struggling Reader booklet
- (This is the printable version of the booklet where I answer the questions I did not know to ask when I first suspected my child has dyslexia.)
How to Use DOG ON A LOG Books to Teach Reading Booklet (Steps 1 to 10)
- Printable How to Use DOG ON A LOG Books to Teach Reading booklet
- (This is the printable version of the booklet where I discuss how to select where in the series to start, detail our family’s daily teaching routine, and discuss the specific phonics rules.)
- DOG ON A LOG Quick Assessment Tool
Please email me at read @ dogonalogbooks.com if you have any trouble downloading the printable activities.
Sight Word Gamecards
Partial Printables Available
As I develop a printable, I figure it’s better to add it here so it can be used than to wait for the complete set to be done.
More Printables are Being Created and are on Their Way
DOG ON A LOG Printables are made available free of charge for educational purposes.
- Use them in a home, group, or school setting.
- Place a link to them on your website. dogonalogbooks.com/printables
- Create individualized game cards using the supplied Word and PDF files.
You may NOT:
- Use the Tup or other copyrighted images except in the personalization of educational game cards.
- You may not sell or distribute DOG ON A LOG Printables.
- You may not host them on your website or upload them to any other website or shared website.
Copyright ©2019 By Pamela Brookes
All Rights Reserved.
For information, contact the publisher at